Under the OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS), over 135 countries are collaborating to put an end to tax avoidance strategies that exploit gaps and mismatches in tax rules to avoid paying tax. The purpose of this course is to help you gain a basic understanding of BEPS, its action plans, deliverables, implementation and impact for Financial Institutions.
Once you complete this course you will be able to:
- Explain how AEOI (Automatic Exchange of Information) came about and its effects on the Financial Industry
- Describe the meaning of Base Erosion Profit Shifting
- Explain the three key principles of BEPS
- Describe how the OECD recommendations are being implemented by local authorities around the world
- Summarize how BEPS relates to the General Anti-Abuse Rule (GAAR)
- Identify the steps you need to follow to stay on top of BEPS